Depression affects the way you feel and act. It leads to physical and emotional conflicts and drastically affects your personal, social, and professional life. It is a common but critical medical issue. So, don’t take it for granted.
In order to treat depression, a lot of people rely on antidepressants and other medicines. But there are natural ways too. Every year, 1 in 15 people are affected by depression and around 1 in 6 adults face depression at some point, according to the American Psychiatric Association.
Depression can affect anyone in life. But it basically shows its symptoms in the early 20s and when you reach your teens for the first time. Women are more vulnerable to depression than men.
Here are some quick facts to know about depression treatment in Delhi-
- Psychiatrist in south Delhi recommends lifestyle changes and natural ways to deal with depression.
- A proper diet helps in both mental and physical health.
- There are some triggers that make depression worse in some people.
1. Stress Control
Anxiety, depression, and stress are closely related to each other. Stress is known to have adverse effects on quality of life, mental health, and overall health. Education, family life, work, and relationships are some of the factors that can lead to stress. It is very vital to address and manage these stressors and find anxiety treatment in Delhi.
The right mix of nutrients is very vital for our brain to work properly. There are some dietary changes you need to make to avoid relapses-
- Cook your unsaturated fatty foods with grapeseed or olive oil and add seeds and nuts.
- Don’t eat food with trans fats like fast food, cookies, processed meat, and cakes.
- Eat food with tryptophan and protein like poultry, fish, spinach, and eggs.
- Eat fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Eat fish having omega 3 or omega-3 supplements at least 2 times a week.
- Don’t drink caffeinated beverages like soda and coffee.
- Drink up to 8 glasses of water every day.
Exercise keeps your body in motion and helps avoid depression. Combine low-intensity and high-intensity exercises for a lot of health benefits. Highly intense workouts release endorphins which make us feel good. In addition, performing low-intensity activities in the long term can help release neurotrophic proteins to improve cognitive function and make you feel better. Depression also affects your habits to exercise. So, it is recommended to take a brisk walk at the beginning or any fun activity. Eventually, you can extend the time by a few days, weeks, or months.
4. Take proper sleep
Not taking proper sleep can drastically affect your life physically and mentally and depression also makes you an insomniac. Here are some of the tricks to have proper sleep without taking pills-
- Set a routine to sleep and wake up at the same time every day, even on Sundays.
- Don’t use a smartphone, tablet, or laptop before you sleep.
- Read a book or perform relaxation exercises for 30 minutes.
- Try more relaxation exercises and find a quiet spot if you are still having problems sleeping.
- Breathing exercises can help you a bit. Breathe in through the nose and breathe out of the mouth, after a steady fall and rise of the abs.
5. Seek Professional Help
If the above techniques are not working in real life, it’s nothing wrong with speaking to the best psychiatrist in South Delhi. You may freely tell what you have been through over the past few days or week to Dr. Sathya Prakash, who is the best psychiatrist doctor in South Delhi.
He can ask you about the symptoms and help prepare a proper clinical plan as per your needs, such as therapy and medication, acupuncture, or any alternative therapy.
Getting the right treatment and recovery may take some more time. So, it is always wise to be open with your psychiatrist in South Delhi.